HEVC/H.265 Converter: How to Convert Videos from and to H.265 Files
High Efficiency Video Codec (HEVC) is the new successor to the Advanced Video Coding/AVC, also known as H.264 compression standard and offers twice the compression while still maintaining the same high quality, which means you can store your UHD on your devices at half the normal file size!
What is HEVC? How Does HEVC Work?
HEVC, short for High-Efficiency Video Coding, is a successor to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC (Advanced Video Coding). It is also known as H.265. HEVC is the latest video compression standard that is said to double the data compression ratio compared to H.264/AVC at the same level of video quality. Video encoded with HEVC will maintain the high visual quality but at smaller file size.
So if you wanna convert your video files to or from H.265 to get the quality with a smaller size but have no idea how to begin, this tutorial should help you. Just read further to learn what things you can do to convert your video files into HEVC format.
How to Decode Any Video Format to H.265 Files
As a High-Efficiency Video Codec Video Converter, Any Video Converter Ultimate will be a great helper to convert any video format including AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, 3GP, ASF, FLV, etc to H.265 videos. Let's learn how it works.
- Record video screen with high output quality.
- Download videos and music from 100+ sites.
- Convert DVDs & CDs & videos to 200+ formats.
- Burn any video to blank DVD disc to create DVDs.
- Edit video clips with cut, crop, and special effects.
- Support NVIDIA NVENC hardware acceleration.
Free download and install this HEVC video converter, then run it
Add videos to HEVC Converter
Simply click the "Add Video(s)" button or Drag & Drop to add the videos you would like to convert to H.265 format. Batch video conversion and merging videos are also supported.
Set output format
To successfully convert any video files to H.265, you have to select the format you want, let's say, MP4 (since it's the best file that goes with Apple, Android devices.). You can do this by selecting the format icon in the Output Profile drop-down list, simply choose "Customized MP4 Movie (*.mp4)" in the Format tab and then select x265 as video Codec under the Video Option.
Start converting videos to H.265 format
Just click the "Convert Now!" button to start converting videos to H.265 files. Once the conversion is completed, you can right-click the file and select "Open Destination File Location" to get the converted videos.
Just free download this HEVC/H.265 Video Converter and enjoy high fidelity HEVC/H.265 Video!
AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI
AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI is an AI-based video enhancement software to upscale video from 480p to 1080p, 1080p to 4K, and up to 8K. With AVCLabs Video Enhancer AI, you can upscale low-res videos to high resolution and bring your old videos a stunningly new look.Learn More
Related Articles & Tips
- • How to Convert Videos to MP4 Online for Free
- • How to Convert Videos to MP4 for Free
- • MP4 to MP3 Converters Recommendations
- • How to Convert MOV to MP4 Effortlessly
- • How to Resize and Crop Videos for YouTube Shorts
- • How to Resize MP4 Video for Instagram
- • 6 Ways to Convert Video to Audio File for Free
- • Top 6 Best Free Video Editing Software with No Watermark
- • How to Convert Video Files to H.264
- • Fast Conversion Speed with NVIDIA CUDA
- • What is Video Codec
- • How to Convert Videos to MP4
- HEVC/H.265 Converter
- H.264 Video Converter
- What is Video Codec
- Android Video Converter
- Samsung Video Converter
- Xbox One Video Converter
- Sony PS4 Video Converter
- Nokia Video Converter
- MPEG Video Converter
- Convert MP4 to MP3
- Convert MKV to MP4
- Convert Video to GIF
- Convert M2TS to MP4
- Convert MVI to MP4
- Convert WebM to MP4
- Convert Videos to MP3
- Convert MP4 to 3GP
Video Enhancer AI
- Best 10 Video Enhancer
- Improve Video Quality
- Fix Blurry Videos
- Remove Noise from Footage
- Upscale Videos from HD to 4K
- Upscale Videos from 480P to 1080P